Please Download the following attachments and read the Counselor Job Description
Ypsilanti Community High School Band Camp Counselor Job Description
- High School Diploma
- Must provide 3 written references
- Must have experience in music education or be studying music beyond the high school level
- Must have previous band camp experience
- Must be proficient in at least one instrument
- Under direction of Band Director, you will provide 24-hour supervision to a counseling unit of approximately 12 band members.
- Interact with all band members with a respectful and nurturing demeanor
- Work with other staff in a cooperative and supportive manner
- Coach music ensembles and sectionals
- Assist in recreational and social activities of camp
- Participate in all Camp Functions
Child Protection Policies:
- Report any suspicion of child abuse to your Camp Director and you will maintain confidentiality by discussing it with no one else.
- Assist in separating any alleged perpetrator from Campers until the incident is resolve, until the threat is removed or as long as necessary to protect the safety and welfare of the campers.
- The Camp Director will make an oral report to the Department of Social Services within 8 hours and a written report within 72 hours. This is DHHS in Genessee County810-760-2200.